As a person who is always on the go, likes to be busy and plans my calendar in advance, I didn’t have much planned this weekend which might have kind of sort of freaked me out because I have the constant need to be productive. These past couple of months, I have been traveling, going to conferences, hanging out with friends, and exploring LA but this weekend, nothing. And I didn’t know what to do about it.
As much as I like catching up on Empire and Dancing with the Stars, I feel like sitting on my couch in the middle of the day is a waste of my time. Although through 40+ hour work and constant professional development events, I do know that I need a break and to do something mindless to keep myself sane. I should only feel guilty if I’m doing this every weekend!
One time I was sitting on the couch, watching tv with my (ex) boyfriend and really wanted to do something “productive” and get out of the house. He told me to just chill and enjoy the moment we were together because we hardly got time like that. Everyone tells me to chill, but this time, it hit me. I was so busy trying to do everything and accomplish so much, I didn’t really focus my time to people and events that are the most important (Sorry!)
How to enjoy the moment with yourself or your significant other?
- Take time to focus on the present and don’t think about whatever else you have to do
- Remove any distractions such as phones, computers, etc.
- Allow yourself a certain amount of time to chill before you have to be productive again; don’t go beyond that time
- Make it count; do something you (or you both) enjoy
- Always remember the little things
- Create memories and refer back to them when feeling stressed
So what are you going to do this weekend?