You know you love desserts when you walk 3 miles round trip to get ice cream because it’s street cleaning the next day and you don’t want to lose your spot! That my friend, is what I call dedication. I admit, I do some crazy things that make people just think… huh? But if you’re passionate about it, nothing is really going to stop you, is it? Dedication to me means being fully invested in something or someone and not letting anything get in the way. Obstacles will only make you stronger or even more creative to find a solution. A relationship or a position is only what you put into it.
What’s the secret of being married for 10, 30, 60 years? The commitment to a specific position or company so you end up landing your dream job? You know you’re dedicated when you:
- Make a commitment and create goals. Make sure to invest your time and set your priorities.
- Spend just a little bit of time every day to make it better.
- Ask for help if you need it. You can’t always do it alone!
- Are passionate about what you do. Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not good enough.
- Keep your promises and fulfill them. Be realistic and don’t make any promises you can’t keep.
- You don’t let anyone tell you otherwise or that you can’t. You can if you believe it yourself!
- You make mistakes but you focus on the positives and learn from the negatives.
- Understand that there are/ may be obstacles, but are you really going to let that get in your way??
Passion, dedication, and commitment. Yes, it’s a lot of time. Yes, it’s a lot of work and effort. In the end, think if it’s worth it in the long run. Is this the person you want to spend the rest of your life with? Is this position going to lead you to your dream career?
Bring it on, baby!