Here’s my story… I’ve been in love. He was dark, hunky, meaty, sizzling and makes you come back for more. Totally hot, hot, hot! For the past 2 years, I met with this Valentine and was just so irresistible.
I’m talking about all you can eat Korean BBQ. No, I didn’t have a Valentine for the past couple of years but I did spend it with friends and ate so much, it hurt to laugh. Although there was one time where I had a Valentine. We went to a city wide pillow fight and got to hit strangers with fluffy objects. It was my idea so naturally, I had the best time. Him? Not so much. I’m pretty sure he imagined a romantic evening out or at home where we were alone and intimate, where as I thought it would be more fun to spend it with more people since we spend so much time alone anyway. It’s just another day!! Needless to say, he wasn’t very happy.
Now, instead of spending Valentine’s Day all alone, I decided to invite my friends out for some carefree and non-committal fun and what better way to do that then to stuff your faces and don’t give a beeeep. I have a couple house rules though. You can only wear sweats and no makeup. Who are we trying to impress while we have food in our mouths anyway?
Cheers to all my singles out there. Here is why being single on Valentine’s Day and spending it with your friends is better than spending it with a significant other.
1. You don’t have to worry about being romantic. Valentine’s day is suppose to be so mushy and lovey-dovey and when something doesn’t go right, you feel like the mood is being ruined. Your single friends don’t want to be lovey-dovey with you. Leave them alone!
2. You don’t have to dress up. Dress to impress? No thanks. You don’t have to worry if you fit into that tight little dress or if your dress shirt is ironed… you have your stretchy pants and an old t-shirt and your friends will just know it’s another day. They’re more focused on their other love like the food anyway.
3. Gifts. First of all, you don’t have to stare at all the pink and purple all the time. Next, you don’t have to worry about buying anything or hope to receive the right gift! Why waste money and time and stress out to get something thoughtful when you can do it on a regular day? Something naughty for later that night? How about 3 desserts please!
4. You know you’re going to have a good time. While your significant other is nervously trying to make sure that everything is going smoothly, your friends will be relaxed enough to act naturally and make you laugh like they usually do.
5. You can oogle. That’s right… if you’re going out with your friends, you can not only make fun of couples, but oogle at other singles as well. Granted, everyone else is out to have a good time, so are you single and ready to mingle??
Who knows… maybe you’ll Find Your Peanut Butter ….
* This post is solely for entertainment and is not promoted as a way of life… although it doesn’t sound so bad right now huh?